Day in history for February 5, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- From 10,000 to 20,000 bushels of shelled corn is wanted at the Rock Island Distillery. John Warner will pay 36 cents per bushel.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Last night, a conductor of a westbound Rock Island Lines train discoverd four ties had been placed on the track a short distance from Davenport to wreck the freight. Train robbers were suspected.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Mrs. F.H. Kann was elected president of the Bethany Home Sewing Circle at the annual meeting this afternoon at the home of Mrs. J.W. Quinlan.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Colonel Herman W. Schull is expected to arrive in Rock Island next week to assume commmand of the Rock Island Arsenal.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- East Moline councilmen last night adopted ordinances regulating size of price signs at gas stations, plumbing fees and curbing cut charges. The new gas sign ordinance would limit the exhibition of gas prices to the pumps and would set up fines of $10 to $200 for violation.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The second annual Quad-Cities Armwrestling Classic tournament will be held Saturday at Northpark Mall in Davenport. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m., with the first competition beginning at 1 p.m. There will be action in five men's and two women's weight divisions.
Back: Available days in February 2007