Day in history for February 3, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- There is no getting around it. All know that Dauer And Lippmann keep the best stock of cigars And tobacco in Rock Island.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Announcement was made by The Argus, through the distribution of a miniature newspaper, of a change to a morning issue, which event will occur about March 1.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island Public Library was closed this morning by the library board, at the request of the health board. It will remain closed until the scarlet fever epidemic is under control.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The theft of a rear view mirror with a watch attached from a parked automobile was reported to Moline police by James F. Lardner Jr. The accessories were taken while Mr. Lardner's car was parked on 19th Street between 5th and 6th avenues, Moline.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- About 400 persons attended the smorgasbord dinner and open house at the Rock Island YMCA yesterday. Those attending the dinner toured the YMCA facilities. The affair was one activity of YMCA week.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The melodies of Beethoven and Chopin, the ragtime of Scott Joplin, and the pop tunes of John Lennon and Paul McCartney sounded in the W.L. Eddy gymnasium Tuesday as concert pianist Robin McCabe entertained students in the Milan elementary school.
Back: Available days in February 2007