Day in history for February 21, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- All the New York papers may be found at Porter's.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A heavy snow covered Rock Island last night and is seriously interfering with the operation of the street cars.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Tri-City Press Club planned last night to invite William Howard Taft, secretary of war, to address the club in June. He will be commencement speaker at the University of Iowa that month.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Rock Island next week will join the nationwide campaign against the hoarding of badly needed dollars.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Silvis-East Moline Amvets will participate in a mass inoculation of Salk vaccine for polio at 7 Monday night in the club rooms and Commander Robert Weinert urged members take part.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Thirty-nine young musicians from the Tri-City Youth Symphony Orchestra have been selected through rigorous auditions to travel to West Germany for a three week performance-cultural exchange tour in mid June. This ambitious project is a first of its kind for the Youth Orchestra. It also will mark one of the few times an American Youth Orchestra has traveled abroad. Total cost of the trip is expected to exceed $40,000. James Dixon is conductor of the Youth Orchestra.
Back: Available days in February 2007