Day in history for February 2, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We have been shown a new kind of pen by the manufacturer, S. DeWolf. It is made of copper. DeWolf is in the city and will visit our merchants to solicit orders.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The machinery for the Cable Waterworks was shipped from Lockport, N.Y. yesterday.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- James J. Corbett appeared in the ''The Lady and the Burglar'' at the Illinois Theater today.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Major L.H. Campbell Jr., acting commandant of the Rock Island Arsenal, announced today new traffic regulations designed to speed up the passage of motor vehicles through the island.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Mrs. Tom O. (Margaret Roberts) Nobis, Davenport, who has been singing in opera in various cities in Italy as Margherita Roberti, has scored a hit at Massimo Theater, Palermo, Sicily, the largest opera house in Italy. The highlight of her career was the five performances of Verdi's opera ''I Vespri Siciliani.''
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Judge David DeDoncker took his wife and children, Tom, a sophomore at Alleman High School; Eileen, a senior in biomedical engineering at the University of Iowa; and John, a senior at Alleman High School, and a friend of the family, Tim McClean of Moline, to Innsbruck, Austria, to ski over the winter holidays.
Back: Available days in February 2007