Day in history for February 19, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The constitution and by-laws of the Board of Trade were adopted at a recent meeting. Charles Leslie is president and J.M. Dalzell is vice president.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The saw mills in this vicinity are preparing to start up early this season.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Captain Walter Blair, manager of the Carnival City Packet Co., announced that the packet season will open as soon as the danger of a severe freeze is past.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- A testimonial to the life and work of the late Judge John W. Spencer, donor of Spencer Square to the city of Rock Island for park purposes in 1855, will be held tomorrow by the Rock Island County Pioneer and Old Settler's Assn.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Walter A. Rosenfield of Rock Island holds the title of ''Mr. Rock Island'' today as result of city council action last night. Mr. Rosenfield, long time civic leader, two-term mayor of Rock Island and former director of the Illinois Department of Public Works and Buildings, will be honored tomorrow at the first of a series of Brotherhood Week dinners planned in the county.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- A force of auxiliary police officers descended upon Rock Island streets Thursday night and wrote 115 tickets to city residents who neglected to purchase wheel tax stickers.
Back: Available days in February 2007