Day in history for February 16, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We should take it as a favor if our friends in the various villages and townships would occasionally write us letters for publication giving the news of whatever may occur in their communities.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A large number of movers passed west yesterday, and several bluebirds were seen in the city.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- J.T. Marron was installed as grand knight of Alloueuz Council of the Knights of Columbus last night.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Harry H. Cleaveland of Rock Island, director of the Illinois Department of Public Works and Buildings, today became of candidate for delegate to the Republican National Convention.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Three Rock Island men, who on Dec. 16 toiled for three hours to save a stranded dog from the icy water of Rock River, were named today as recipients of awards from the American Humane Assn. The men are Billy D. Nixon, Edward Wozniak and LeRoy H. Niner.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Three Rock Island County Schools have registered to Jump Rope for Heart, a national event sponsored by the Illinois Association for Health, Physical Education and Recreation for benefit of the Heart Association. Schools registered include Augustana College, Rockridge High School and Rockridge Junior High.
Back: Available days in February 2007