Day in history for February 15, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We have learned that the Rock River is breaking up and it is feared the ice will carry away some of the toll bridges.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- It is said that electric lights will be used at the Rodman Rifle Ball tomorrow evening at the Armory.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The bill for a two-cent railroad fare, now pending in the state legislature, is receiving a great deal of support in this vicinity. The bill asks two cents per mile.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Five fiery Rock Island High cagers completely upset predictions by trimming Davenport High's quintet, 14-9, in an exciting game at the Davenport Fieldhouse last night. Quad-City fans now will center their attention on the Rock Island-Moline contest later this week.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A Rock Island fireman was injured but no fire damage resulted from an overheated salamander at 3:48 this morning in an addition under construction at The Argus building, 1724 4th Ave., Rock Island. Injured but remaining on duty was Capt. Deane V. Campbell who almost fell completely through an opening in the third floor of the new addition.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island grocery and convenience stores will be allowed to sell beer and wine under a proposal the city council will review tonight.
Back: Available days in February 2007