Day in history for February 12, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- It seems to us that the city should provide night watchmen. When we first came to town we used to be awakened by ``12 o'clock and all's well.'' Now it's ``12 o'clock and someone's getting a banged up nose.''
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The Handel Society of Augustana College has in preparation the oratorio of the Messiah and expect to have it ready in about two weeks.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Miss Albert Gallatin appeared in ``Dorothy Vernon of Hadden Hall'' at the Illinois Theater last night.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Hundreds of flags were unfurled in the Quad-Cities today in honor of the 123rd anniversary of Lincoln's birth.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Vandals caused considerable damage at the site of the new Moline High School building, 24th Ave. and 36th St., according to a complaint filed by officials of Tunnicliff Construction Co.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Betty Lou Thompson of 5005 44th Ave., Moline, was one of the people scheduled to place wreaths at the Lincoln Memorial in Springfield today as part of the 48th annual National American Legion Pilgrimage to the Tomb of Abraham Lincoln. Other officials laying wreaths during the ceremony were Gov. James Thompson, Sen. Charles Percy and National American Legion officers.
Back: Available days in February 2007