Day in history for February 10, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Mrs. Macready will give a dramatic reading this evening at LeClaire Hall. As an actress this lady deserves high praise.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The alarm of fire was caused by the burning of tar on the Star block roof, directly opposite the Harper House.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Plans for the formation of a Citizens Party for the coming city elections were formulated at a meeting of citizens held at the office of H.H. Cleaveland.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Sylvester G. Barnes, 15 years old, son of Mr. and Mrs. T.L. Nickason, 2530 27th St., Rock Island, a ninth-grade pupil at Washington Junior High School, has disappeared from home. He left for school at the customary hour, taking his lunch as he always did, but he failed to show up at school.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Forty-five Hungarian refugees who came to Davenport Saturday are being interviewed for resettlement today in the Chamber of Commerce building. The outward calm of the faces is a contradiction for the stories they have to tell.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island school officials decided Tuesday to try to sell West Campus by turning it over to a local Realtor. The board turned the sale over to a Realtor because no one turned up to bid at an auction of the property Saturday.
Back: Available days in February 2007