Day in history for January 6, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We regret to hear that Mr. VanBuskirk, conductor on the C. And R.I. Railroad, while on a trip to the east, was injured in the head by coming in contact with a bridge near Toledo.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A military ball was planned at a meeting of the Rodman Rifles. The ball will be given on Feb. 22.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Rock Island High School's basketball team lost its first game of the season to the YMCA Tigers by a score of 50 to 28.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- An average gain of two-and-a-half pounds in weight was reported by Mrs. Kate M. Lowry, school nurse, for the 261 undernourished boys and girls of the Rock Island public school system, who are being provided with milk free through a fund raised by the Rock Island Junior Chamber of Commerce.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Police early today rushed to the railroad tracks at West 4th and Division streets, Davenport, on report a car was stalled on the main line. Upon arriving officers found the driver sleeping off a few beers.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island's 78-year-old Rock Island Lines depot may get a new lease on life if a suggestion by Illinois Office of Tourism officials becomes reality. The depot has been suggested as a possible site for a visitor center along the Great River Road.
Back: Available days in January 2007