Day in history for January 5, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- There were two spirited horse races the other day. The first was on Case's track and nearly 2,000 persons were present. The second was on the ice covered river.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Members of the Rodman Rifle Drum Corps were dressed in military garments and assembled at the Rasmussen studio for a group picture.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Augustana College announced a campaign for funds to be used in the celebration of the school's 50th Anniversary in 1910.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The sum of $1,041 has been realized to date from the annual Christmas Tuberculosis Seal Sale, Dr. Stuart W. Adler, member of the committee, announced today.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A Moline tavern owner filed suit in Circuit Court yesterday for a declaratory judgment that would void Moline's new liquor license ordinance. Edgar Williams, operator of Ed and Johnnie's Tavern, charges that an ordinance giving the Moline City Council power to approve or reject liquor license applications is illegal and invalid.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Milan Police Chief Wes Greenwood said at Monday's village board meeting that he will release a report this week that will show a 33 percent increase in crime in the village for 1981. Greenwood said most of the increase is due to an 85 percent increase in burglaries.
Back: Available days in January 2007