Day in history for January 31, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- Horace Greeley, who is to lecture in Davenport, arrived last night from Chicago. He spent the night at the Island City Hotel.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Captain T.J. Robinson will leave for Washington, D.C. at an early date.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic served a dinner at the Memorial Hall yesterday which turned out to be a financial success.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The complete program for the annual YWCA meeting tomorrow was announced recently by Miss Lulu B. Cochrane, general secretary.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- A Moline girl, who doesn't take home economics classes, doesn't know how to sew and has baked a cake only once, has been notified that she placed first in a homemaker test at Alleman High School. Nancy Hughes, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Hughes, 1210 11th St., Moline, said, ''I don't know how I could win first place, I don't believe it.''
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- You can't blame the Spring Hill Rabbi's of Erie Bowl if they want to make Dino Adamson, 20, of Erie, a permanent team member. Adamson bowled a 300 game, the first of his career, while subbing in the Tuesday night church league. Adamson's perfect game is only the second perfect game in the 21-year history of Erie Bowl.
Back: Available days in January 2007