Day in history for January 30, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The Philharmonic Society of Davenport will give a concert tonight at the Island City Hall. We hope that this concert will stir up the dormant spirit of our own musical society.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The barbers of Rock Island met with the city attorney and asked him to have the ordinance forbidding barbershops to open on Sunday enforced.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Physicians of Rock Island drew up a uniform set of quarantine rules which will be given families hit by scarlet fever.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The policy of giving Rock Island Arsenal all possible preference in Army Ordinance work will be continued regardless of the successor to Col. David M. King, who died earlier this week.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Students, faculty members and school organizations of Rock Island High School have contributed $1,623.67 to the 1957 March of Dimes drive. The amount is the largest ever raised by the school and annual polio drive. Last year, $1,371.14 was contributed.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The Bible Missionary Institute, 3501 46th Ave., Rock Island, is launching a $1.5 million expansion program that will permit the college to triple its enrollment by 1986. The 24-year-old institute is operated by the Bible Missionary Church, Denver, Colo.
Back: Available days in January 2007