Day in history for January 28, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- It's none of our business, but it seems rather mean to purloin coal from a pile that doesn't belong to you, especially in such cold weather, and that too, from milliners.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Jacob Gross was appointed chairman of the arrangements for the second annual ball of the Rock Island Iron Molders' Union on Feb. 22.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Postmasters of the Tri-Cities plan to confer with officials of the street car company regarding free transportation for carriers on duty.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Plans for establishing a psychiatric school of nursing at the East Moline State Hospital are nearing completion and it is possible that the school will be ready to open about Feb. 1.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Failure of a nose wheel landing gear to fully extend caused a minor landing mishap at the Quad-City Airport about 1 yesterday afternoon. A large crowd of spectators at the airport viewed the landing.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Moline's Crime Stoppers telephone has been ringing, even though the program hasn't officially started, said Det. Jim Williams, Crime Stoppers coordinator. Crime Stoppers is an informant program designed to give the police leads on perplexing crimes. Witnesses and those who might have knowledge about a crime are urged to call a special number.
Back: Available days in January 2007