Day in history for January 25, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The lecture committee has announced that they have secured the services of John B. Gough for a lecture Feb. 2.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Fire, thought to have been started by a prisoner caused damage to the Rock Island County jail of almost $10,000 this morning. The prisoners were removed to the Armory.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island Gun Club held a 50-bird shoot at the range near the Watch Tower. E.C. Eberhart was high man with a score of 37.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The annual party of the Black Hawk Hiking Club will be held next week at the home of Mr. and Mrs. John H. Hauberg.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Special services will be held at Central Presbyterian Church at 3 Sunday afternoon for the rededication of the church's totally rebuilt organ. Playing at the rededicatory recital will be Dr. William H. Barnes, former dean of the American Guild of Organists, Illinois Chapter. The recital will consist of 11 selections from nine composers.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- Three brothers were forced to flee their rural home Sunday night after a chimney on a woodburning stove overheated and ignited the outside wall of their house.
Back: Available days in January 2007