Day in history for January 22, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- On Tuesday evening about 11 p.m. a bright light was seen in the direction of Moline and some of our citizens got teams and hastened to the spot. A fire destroyed the tub and pail factory there.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- The icemen are making the most of the present cold weather and are gathering in crop of ice.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- F.T. Myers was reelected president of the Rock Island Businessmen's Assn.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- A school of advertising and selling, together with a community survey of public opinion with regard to Rock Island stores, will be conducted in Rock Island next week.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Davenport police were called to the WOC studios late yesterday in a report that a bomb was hidden in the buildings. The report was attributed to the same person who Sunday called the Capitol Theater on a false bomb warning which resulted in the theater being emptied while officers made a search.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The ultra-sonic scan of the leaky pipe at the Cordova Nuclear Generating Station in Cordova shows a crack 1.5 inches long that was confined to one pipe. Nick Chrissotimos, senior resident inspector for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission said the unit has been shut down because of the leaky pipe and should be ready to operate by Jan. 31.
Back: Available days in January 2007