Day in history for January 15, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The Argus claims more machine presses than any other office in the city.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Collections are brisk at the tax collector's office and Collector Reticker has enlarged his office hours.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Mrs. W.C. Bennett was elected president of the Bethany Protective Assn. at the annual meeting of the organization last night.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Mrs. Charles W. Fry was reelected president of the Women's Auxiliary of Trinity Episcopal Church yesterday afternoon. Miss Margaret Klotz will be vice president.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Earl H. Hanson, superintendent of Rock Island Public Schools, has been named to a three-year term as a member of the University of Illinois Citizens Committee. The committee is an advisory group, making recommendations relating to welfare of the institution and on matters of general public policy to the president and board of trustees.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- U.S. Rep. Tom Railsback, R-Moline, announced a $559,000 federal grant this morning to finance Convocom, a two-way video link between five Illinois colleges. Convocom, the West Central Illinois Educational Telecommunications Corp., is a consortium of Black Hawk College, Sangamon State University, Bradley University, Western Illinois University and Illinois College.
Back: Available days in January 2007