Day in history for January 12, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- The parishioners and friends of the Rev. Mr. Goodale are invited to attend a donation party at his home Tuesday evening.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- Rock Island butchers, who had attempted to close all markets in the city in protest against the new license ordinance, purchased permits when the support of all city butchers was not obtained.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- C.M. Bengston was presented with a past masters' jewel by Rock Island Lodge No. 658, Masons.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Alderman A.L. Holtzer, Rock Island, today announced his candidacy for re-election.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Moline Public Schools are experimenting this month with a new report system for parents of kindergarten children. In place of sending written reports to the homes, kindergarten teachers in all grade schools are conducting face-to-face interviews with parents to advise them on how their children are doing.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The sale of Tri-City Food Stores, 754 15th Ave., East Moline, to the former manager of the Moline Jewel Food Store is pending. Tri-City owner George Polios said the store probably will be sold to former Jewel manager Rudy Hoffman of Bettendorf. The sale, if completed, would mark the end of the Polios family's more than 60 years in the local grocery business.
Back: Available days in January 2007