Day in history for January 10, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- All interested persons are asked to meet at the mayor's office this evening to take into consideration the propriety of having a special school law for the regulation and government of schools in the township.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- A song service was held at the First Methodist Church yesterday under the direction of E.w. Spencer.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- Jack Tighe of Norwich, Conn., was signed as manager of the Rock Island Baseball Club in the Three-I League.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- Radio earphone headsets are needed for the Rock Island County Tuberculosis Sanatorium. Radio entertainment plays an important part in the life of the shut-ins.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- Last night's snow storm might have provided a legitimate excuse but not a single one of the 19 students ''enrolled'' in the Rock Island Driver Improvement School failed to report for class at Rock Island Senior High School.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- ''The Meeting Place,'' an outdoor sculpture by Gene Horvath, will be dedicated at 3 p.m. today at the Augustana College Center, 7th Ave. and 38th St., Rock Island. ''The Meeting Place'' is a gift of the Richard A. Welch Endowment for the Arts and Mrs. Welch to Augustana College and is located on the hillside overlooking the south patio of the College Center.
Back: Available days in January 2007