Day in history for January 1, 2007
- 1857 -- 150 years ago
- We wish everybody a Happy New Year.
- 1882 -- 125 years ago
- New Year's Day was given over to social amenities in Rock Island. Many prominent women received callers. Public offices were closed.
- 1907 -- 100 years ago
- The YMCA held its annual reception and open house today.
- 1932 -- 75 years ago
- The Rev. Hugh L. Moore, pastor of Central Presbyterian Church, and Mrs. Moore, invite members and their friends to an open house today at the church.
- 1957 -- 50 years ago
- No. 1 baby born in the Quad-Cities in 1957 was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Abrahamsen, 4725 28th Ave., Moline. The baby was born at 2:40 this morning in Moline Public Hospital and weighed 7 pounds and 15 3/4 ounces. At home she has a sister, Robin Sue, who was a year old last June 25.
- 1982 -- 25 years ago
- The honor doesn't mean much to Anna Marie Jones. She may be the Quad-City area's first baby of 1982, but all she wants is to stay warm and well-fed. Anna was born at 1:03 a.m. Friday at Moline Public Hospital. She's the first child of Gary and Mary Jones of 2843 8th Ave., Rock Island. Anna almost lost the distinction of being the area's first baby of the year to a precocious pair of Davenport twins, born one and two minutes before midnight.
Back: Available days in January 2007