Day in history for December 21, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- A little boy wants us to say that the other day, when he was out sleighing on the river, he lost a musical instrument in an oil cloth case. He feels bad about it and asks that the finder leave it at the Western Saloon here.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Buford Hose Company will give a ball this week.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Frank Fitzpatrick was elected consul of Water Tower Camp No. 3637, Modern Woodmen of America.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Two hundred persons heard Dr. G.A. Andreen, president of Augustana College, present an illustrated lecture of his recent trip to the Holy Land.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Earl H. Beling, Moline engineering consultant, today entered in Circuit Court a civil suit to recover $79,382 from the City of Moline, an amount he claims the municipality owes him in connection with his contractual services for planning improvements in the Moline sewer system.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- A group of Augustana students returned recently to their Lutheran roots, the Jenny Lind Chapel in Andover, called the ''mother church'' of the Augustana Lutheran Synod. About 150 students joined members of the Andover Lutheran congregation and other nearby Lutheran churches for a celebration of ''The Joy of Christmas Past and Present.''
Back: Available days in December 2006