Day in history for December 14, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- We are requested by Mr. Lee to give notice that Dr. Boynton will deliver the first lecture before his association early next week.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The pest house committee of Rock Island and Moline will discuss a desirable location for the proposed institution.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The work of remodeling the Crampton building, adjoining the Hotel Harms, is progressing rapidly.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Officials praise of the highest order has come through war department channels to Col. D.M. King, commandant of the Rock Island Arsenal, for his administration of the Arsenal since 1921.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- The job of unloading a big 270,900-pound transformer has been completed at Iowa-Illinois Gas and Electric Co. new substation site on Andalusia Rd., 1 1/2 miles west of Milan. Part of the 161,000-volt interconnecting transmission line project now under construction between Galesburg and the Quad-Cities, the transformer with accessories was shipped recently from the Westinghouse plant at Sharon, Penn.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Between 3,000 and 5,000 skiiers and those just curious attended an open house Sunday at Snowstar, a new ski slope southwest of Andalusia. The Rock Island County sheriff's department said traffic was heavy on Illinois 92 leading to the slope.
Back: Available days in December 2006