Day in history for December 13, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- A foreign letter to Michael Carty has been sent to our care. He can have the letter by calling at our counting room.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Work will commence immediately on the boardwalk that is to be constructed in Courthouse Square.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The Men's Club of the Broadway Presbyterian Church met at the church and elected C.E. Sharpe president. Vice president is Hope Thompson.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Harry P. Simpson, retiring president of the Advertisers Club, was honored at a farewell dinner given by the club last night in Davenport. He received a mantel clock in appreciation of his service for two terms in the presidency.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Anybody lose a cow? Henry Bahnsack, Andalusia Rd. farmer, has been feeding a stray for two weeks, and nobody will claim her. Banhsack appealed to the Rock Island County sheriff's office for help this morning. He said he found the animal wandering on Andalusia Rd. Nov. 28.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Moline police dispatchers generally stick together, and then, there are Debi Stropes and Krista Johnson. They joined the police department a month apart five years ago, they gave birth to baby girls Saturday at Moline Public Hospital and they were assigned to the same room on the maternity ward.
Back: Available days in December 2006