Day in history for December 12, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- W.S. Baker will lecture on the condition and improvement of the means of popular education at the Baptist Church.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Moline residents will be able to attend the opera at the Harper Theater for the C B And Q Railway has made arrangements for a train to leave Moline shortly before show time.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The board of directors of the Central Trust and Savings Bank re-elected H.E. Casteel as president.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- More than $400 has been realized from the Christmas seal sale over the week, Dr. Stuart W. Adler announced today.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Dr. Phebe Pearsall, Moline, was elected president of the Rock Island County Medical Society last night at a meeting in St. Anthony's Hospital. This is the first time that a woman has held the presidency in the county group of about 122 physicians. Dr. Pearsall was graduated form Minnesota Medical School in 1913 and began her practice in Rock Island County in 1915.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Aljean Denning spent 3 1/2 years on the country-western music circuit. But the 23-year-old Annawan native says she is happier now that she is singing for God. ''A.J.'' as she is known in the Annawan area, will sing at the 10 a.m. service Sunday in the Community United Methodist Church in Annawan.
Back: Available days in December 2006