Day in history for December 10, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Coal was selling in town Saturday at 40 cents per bushel. The enormous extortion practiced by coal haulers when they find the supply is not equal to the demand is outrageous.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Today is the 47th birthday of Alderman George W. Henry's and a large number of friends have arranged for a party at his residence this evening.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Dr. C.W. Foss of Augustana College has consented to give a series of four lectures at the young men's Sunday meetings at the YMCA during January.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- About 500 are expected to attend the annual meeting of the Rock Island County Farm Bureau Saturday in the Moline Elks Club, John R. Spencer, advisor, announced.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- The Rock Island Police Department today received its first Christmas card of the 1956 yule season from a Long Branch, N.J., man who included a thank you note for ''the fine way I was treated'' by police as a ''hobo'' in Rock Island 23 years ago.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Heritage of the Quad-Cities, one of three localized ''Monopoly'' games in stores this fall, features an aerial photo of the metropolitan area surrounded by game squares purchased by local businesses. Two of the games are now available in stores and the third will be available Tuesday.
Back: Available days in December 2006