Day in history for November 27, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The St. Charles Restaurant has been remodeled and now has a good bowling alley, billiard table, bar and new room in which to serve up fresh oysters.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Rev. J.S. McCord preached at the First Methodist Church this morning on ''He Loved Them to the End.''
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The Rev. H. Cullen gave a review of Forrest's ''Authority of Christ'' at the meeting of the ministerial association this afternoon.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Rock Island district U.S. engineers are giving consideration to a new route on the projected straightening of the channel of Mill Creek from a point west of Milan to the Mississippi River.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- The Davenport Park Board today agreed to allow a Chicago White Sox farm team the use of Municipal Stadium rent free, thereby assuring the city of an entry in the Three-I League if the loop continues operation next summer.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Rock Island's biggest liquor store is negotiating to buy Crown Liquor Store in Moline, and if that deal doesn't work out may lease space in a new building at South Park Mall. Lee's Bar and Liquor Store at 3722 14th Ave. made the moves in response to Rock Island's consideration of a 2 percent tax on liquor and beverages, said Lee's owner Robert G. Mohr.
Back: Available days in November 2006