Day in history for November 22, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The windmill at the gas works does its work of pumping water from the river in the best manner. It would be wise for farmers on the prairie to dig wells and have windmills pump water for their stock.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- M.S. O'Neil purchased the frame row of buildings in the rear of the Central Presbyterian Church and will move them to 1st Ave. and 8th St.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Tri-City street cars were not able to handle the traffic over the Rock Island bridge. The company will take steps to improve the service.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Earl H. Hanson, principal of Rock Island High School, was appointed to the committee on the revision of college entrance requirements and high school curriculums at the annual meeting of the Illinois High School Assn. in Urbana.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Twenty-eight head of cattle died in a spectacular fire last night that destroyed a barn and corn crib on the Annie Werner farm, five miles northwest of Walcott, Iowa.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Tenor Kevin Anderson, a Moline native, will be guest soloist with the Quad-City Men's Chorale at a concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 29, in First Methodist Church, 16th St. and 7th Ave., Moline. Anderson, recent winner in the Western regional Metropolitan Opera auditions, is planning a professional singing career.
Back: Available days in November 2006