Day in history for November 2, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The coming year is one of great importance to Rock Island and should be given careful attention by voters. Let us elect a mayor who will bring people to our city.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The women of Rock Island will present a flag to the Rodman Rifles next Friday evening. P. O'Mara will receive the gift in behalf of the company.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Directors of Augustana College have refused to accept apologies for the recent disorderly conduct of college students. It may be that some students will be expelled.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Lawrence Olson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles V. Olson, 1905 9th St., Rock Island, a sophomore at Augustana College, has been elected by his class to edit the college yearbook, the Rockety-I, next year.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Commercial airline passengers set an all-time record for one month during October at the Quad-City Airport. George Kirk, manager at the airport, said today that a total of 11,213 passengers boarded and deplaned during the month on United, Ozark and Braniff flights.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- A Moline firefighter washed down diesel fuel at 41st St. and John Deere Road this morning after a semi-trailer truck jack-knifed. No one was injured, but more than 150 gallons of diesel fuel spilled onto the highway.
Back: Available days in November 2006