Day in history for November 16, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Illinois has been declared for Buchanan by an 8,000 to 12,000 majority. We previously heard it had gone Republican.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Argus today published the program to be carried out here Nov. 28-29 by the Union Sunday School convention of the county which will be held in the First Methodist and First Baptist Churches.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Rock Island High School students have been summoned before the Scott County grand jury investigating the death of a boy in the Rock Island-Davenport football game recently.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Recent advances in farm commodity prices today were pointed to by Cyrus McCormick Jr., Chicago, vice president of the International Harvester Co., as encouraging development in the country's economic situation. The manufacturer was in Rock Island for an inspection of the Farmall Tractor Works.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Mrs. Pat (Hulsey) Tolle, former Moliner and wife of an Air Force staff sergeant in England, has been assigned a role in a production of ''Oklahoma'' to be staged by the Kettering Operatic Society.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- The nursing schools of Moline Public and Lutheran Hospitals held a joint open house at the two facilities Sunday to acquaint high school students with their operations.
Back: Available days in November 2006