Day in history for November 15, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The lecture before the Young Men's Catholic Literary Society on Tuesday evening by the Rev. J.P. Donelan on ''St. Peters at Rome'' was a brilliant affair.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Dr. W.A. Paul will read a thesis on the treatment of burns and gunshot wounds at a meeting of the Homeopathic Assn. tomorrow.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Bill Sweeney, former Rock Island shortstop, will play with the Chicago Nationals next year.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- The Rt. Rev. John D. McKim, bishop of North Tokyo, Japan, and presiding bishop of the Japanese Holy Catholic Church, praised the Japanese Christians for their steadfast loyalty in the face of persecution in a sermon at Trinity Church today. A large congregation greeted the bishop who was a resident of Rock Island 50 years ago.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Two brothers, who have not seen one another for 52 years today were reunited in Moline. Donald Fraser, 68-year-old retired British railway signal inspector from Inverhess, Scotland, is visiting his brother, Alexander Fraser, 72, of 947 25th St.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Marjorie Crouch of Milan has given 50 years of volunteer service to the American Red Cross. Crouch was one of 197 volunteers honored recently for volunteer service by the Quad-Cities Chapter of the American Red Cross.
Back: Available days in November 2006