Day in history for November 13, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- A meeting of the fire company, Western No. 1, will be held tonight in the Buchanan Club rooms in the Charles Buford block.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Rev. J.C. Halliday of the Broadway Presbyterian Church preached this morning on ''The Sabbath and Its Proper Observance.''
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- It was decided today to change the name of the Rock Island Retail Merchants Assn. to the Rock Island Businessmen's Assn.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Section crews of the Rock Island Lines today are installing a steel rail crossing at 16th St. in Moline to provide for the increased traffic which will result from the opening of the new bridge to the Arsenal Island.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Allen R. Boudinot, Moline, who has been prominent in engineering work in the Quad-City area for more than half a century, will be conferred a life membership in the American Society of Civil Engineers this month. The honor will be presented by the Tri-City Section of the society at its annual meeting Nov. 20.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Despite higher fees and a generally poor economy, a record number of golfers used Rock Island's Highland Springs Golf Course this year. Parks director Jack Fogel told the Park and Recreation Commission this week that about 40,016 golfers played at Highland Springs.
Back: Available days in November 2006