Day in history for November 12, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Although the official vote is not in yet, it looks as if Rock Island County will go for the union. At the present time a vote of 1,439 is recorded for Bissell, 1,439 for Fremont and 1,114 for Buchanan.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Methodist Episcopal Church literary society met at the home of Capt. T.J. Robinson last night. William Jackson was elected president.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- ''A Man's Broken Promise'' is the attraction of the Illinois Theater tonight.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Arrangements have been made for the investiture of the Rt. Rev. P.H. Durkin, rector of St. Joseph's Catholic Church, as domestic prelate to His Holiness Pope Pius XI on Nov. 18 at the church.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Marie Ringquist, Moline Public Schools Art Supervisor, was elected president of the Illinois Art Education Assn. at its annual meeting in Danville during the weekend.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- About 30 Arsenal Island workers are expected to inaugurate a new bus route offered by the Rock Island County Metropolitan Mass Transit District beginning Monday. The new service will begin picking up riders in the Heritage and Homewood additions in southeast Moline around 6 a.m., travel downtown via 41st Street, 23rd Avenue and 27th Street, and cross to Arsenal Island via the Moline Arsenal bridge.
Back: Available days in November 2006