Day in history for November 10, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Directors for the Rock Island And Peoria Railroad Co. from Rock Island County are N.B. Byford, Holmes Hakes, Charles Buford, Ben Harper, S.S. Guyer, John W. Spencer and James Johnston.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Dr. C. Truesdale was elected president of the Rock Island County Hospital Assn. C.H. Deere was chosen vice president, C. Steward Ells, treasurer and Dr. C.C. Carter, secretary.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Miss Zadie Borell has gone to St. Louis to accept a position in a telephone exchange.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Plans for consolidation of the Rock Island Savings Bank, the Manufacturers Trust And Savings Bank and the Central Trust And Savings Bank were announced today. When completed, the consolidated bank will be known as the Rock Island Bank And Trust Co.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- With the West Indies as their goal, two adventurous Minnesotans stopped over last night at the Rock Island Boat Club and were given such a royal reception they hated to embark downstream today.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- About 20 wives of Illinois State troopers picketed the Black Hawk College Quad-City Training Center in East Moline as state and district police officials met to review a staff inspection report. The women charged that their husbands are not being rated fairly by the district command.
Back: Available days in November 2006