Day in history for November 1, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. McMaster, well-known artist who recently painted a fine picture of Mr. Buchanan at Wheatland, will be present and exhibit the picture in the Democratic Club Rooms.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Every effort is being made to find the bodies of those who lost their lives in the wreck of the steamer Jennie Gilchrist earlier this week.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Sigfred Laurin presented a piano recital at Augustana College last night.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Surveys preliminary to the paving of the Black Hawk Road link of the state belt line highway are to begin next week. The proposed section will extend from the Deere Farm near 16th St., Moline, along the bottom half of the bluff overlooking Rock River, past the Black Hawk State Park, to connect with Route 2 at 9th St. and 46th Ave.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- The prayers two strange women said for her didn't do a bit of good, Mrs. R.A. Fuller, 447 41st St., Moline, told Moline police last night. She said the two women came into her home and prayed for her. When they left $122 in cash was missing.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Someone pried open a door, cut the door safety chain and took a color television valued at $500 from the home of C.A. Georlett, 2434 12th St., Moline, early Saturday morning while the family slept upstairs.
Back: Available days in November 2006