Day in history for October 21, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- A very enthusiastic and well attended democratic German meeting was held at the courthouse on Wednesday evening. It was addressed by Dr. F. Ciolina of Rock Island.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Burglars secured $80 in cash last night from the drug establishment of Hartz And Bahnsen.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Isaac Eshou Yohsnnan, a Persian, who has been a student at Augustana College for three years, was ordained as a minister at the Swedish Lutheran Church, Moline. He will act as a missionary in his native land.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Mr. and Mrs. Frank G. Allen have given their homestead at 16th St. and 11th Ave., opposite the Moline High School, to the people of Moline for use of the Moline School system.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Laying of the cornerstone of Holy Cross Lutheran Church will be at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon at the new church site, 41st St. and 21st Ave., Moline. The Rev. John L. Stuebe, pastor of Zion Lutheran Church, Taylor Ridge, will speak and the Rev. Eldor W. Haake, pastor of the church, will be in charge of the cornerstone laying ceremony.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- A Rock Island man has been appointed to the state Law Enforcement Merit Board by Gov. James Thompson. Harry Orr Jr., owner of Harry Orr Jeweler, will get the position pending Senate confirmation.
Back: Available days in October 2006