Day in history for October 16, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Democrats are requested to attend a mass meeting in the courthouse Saturday evening, Oct. 25, at 7 for the purpose of nominating candidates for mayor, police magistrate and one alderman for each ward.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Rev. I.B.T. Patterson preached on ''Revival Work'' at the First Baptist Church this morning.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The war department has given permission to the Rock Island County Old Settlers Assn. to restore the Col. George Davenport home on the island of Rock Island.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- The following county champions in 4-H club projects were selected today at a finish-up conference in Rock Island: Marjorie Rector, Drury; Margaret Carlson, Moline; Marion Anderson, Rural, and Florence Hynd, South Moline.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- The Moline Public Library campaign to register 2,500 new members in a year went over the top in September for the monthly goal by issuing 232 cards to adults and children.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Area police and fire department employees are learning the techniques of emergency driving at an Advanced Driving Maneuver course in East Moline. About 250 police and fire employees from Moline, East Moline, Silvis and Coal Valley are participating along with employees of the Illini Hospital ambulance service.
Back: Available days in October 2006