Day in history for September 7, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Mr. Johnston advertises his extra family flour for $5 a barrel and Mr. Dilmore, the agent, informs us that they have never manufactured a better article.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Members of the Moline Temple last night transformed the Blue Ribbon Society of Rock Island into a chapter of the United Order of Ancient Templars.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- D.E. Matthews, Milan, was named as congressional candidate in this district by the Democratic committee in session at Bushnell. J.P. Sexton of Rock Island presided.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Today's ideal weather for the observance of Labor Day was expected by officials of the Tri-City Federation of Labor to result in an attendance of between 25,000 and 30,000 at the celebration at Credit Island, Davenport, the 42nd program of the federation.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Fire that was caused by an electric unit in a meat display case swept the interior of Jerry's Market, at 1609 17th St., Moline, early today causing extensive damage to the stock.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Workers at International Harvester's Farmall Plant in Rock Island are producing about 65 models daily of a top-secret tractor that represents a $200 million company investment. The tractor is scheduled to be unveiled at a Sept. 14 press conference in Kansas City.
Back: Available days in September 2006