Day in history for September 13, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Last spring our city council passed an order for the improvement of sidewalks, but we do not perceive that much has been done, and the walks are in a most miserable condition.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Word was received today that William Schraeder died suddenly on the raft boat Pauline, 90 miles below this city. His remains will be brought here for burial.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The 60th birthday anniversary of Dr. Nels Forsander was observed by professors and students at Augustana College last night. Professor Jules Mauritzson was toastmaster.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Tryouts for places in the Tri-City Civic Orchestra closed today with more than half of the 75 seats being awarded to Rock Island and Moline musicians.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Charles E. Wittenmeyer, Iowa Republican national committeeman and Mrs. Wittenmeyer, were among nine Iowans present at President Eisenhower's Republican picnic at his Gettysburg farm yesterday.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- The Illinois Division of Water Resources will present a proposal to replace the state-owned steel dam on the Rock River in Milan at a public meeting 7:30 p.m. Sept. 23 at the Holiday Inn, Moline. The Division has proposed to replace the existing dam with a new one about 100 feet downstream.
Back: Available days in September 2006