Day in history for July 7, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Dr. K. Ryland, who has recently come to our city to reside and has commenced the practice of his profession with Dr. W. Cady, leaves this morning for Ft. Snelling, having been appointed surgeon to the Pembina expedition.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- Charles O'Neil, formerly a partner in the law firm of Osborn and Curtiss, struck a gold mine in Colorado in the locality of Marysville.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The Democratic convention will be held in the Crystal Theater Aug. 9.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- With new equipment and machinery additions installed and repairs made at a cost of approximately $1,500, the Servus Rubber Co., Rock Island, manufacturers of rubber footwear, reopened this morning after its annual shutdown.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- One of the newest items on the market for Quad-City area homeowners is a fiberglass swimming pool. Price of the smallest of four types of fiberglass pools offered by a Rock Island dealer is $2,995.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Construction of the Geifman Food Store at 18th Ave. and 29th St. in Rock Island is scheduled to begin this summer. The 25,000 square-foot store is tentatively scheduled to open March 1, 1982, almost two years after the original Geifman store on the site was gutted by fire.
Back: Available days in July 2006