Day in history for July 6, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- Yankee Robinson's Big Show, after giving seven of its unique and highly entertaining performances in Davenport and Rock Island, left this morning for Millersburg.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The 16th annual reunion of the 112th Regiment, Illinois Volunteers, is to be held at Cambridge, Henry County, Aug. 18, the 19th anniversary of the regiment's organization.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The steamer Dubuque of the Diamond Jo line made its first short trip of the season to Rock Island, reaching here this afternoon with 150 passengers.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Radio officials today are nodding their heads in approval after witnessing the first demonstration of full-length television, projected on a motion picture screen six feet square.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- A swimming pool for East Moline is apparently a thing of the distant future. Carl Mitchell, president of East Moline Park Board, said this morning that plans for a swimming pool are just in the talking stage.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Two months and 1,200 cotton swabs led 14-year-old John Manley, of Davenport, to a first prize in the annual nationwide Q-Tip Art Contest. Manley fashioned a cowboy and a bucking bronco in the contest that had approximately 3,000 entries.
Back: Available days in July 2006