Day in history for July 30, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- We have received a letter from the agent of Ole Bull to procure a house for his concert and we have engaged the 2nd Presbyterian Church. He will perform here Saturday evening, a more extended notice to appear later.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- John Martin, age 19, fell from a train at Carbon Cliff yesterday and was severely cut about the head.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Isaac Rice entertained a company of friends Friday evening at a bowling party and dinner at the Rock Island Club.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Fred L. Strieter of Davenport was reelected president of the Tri-City Symphony Orchestra Assn. at the annual meeting at noon today at the Davenport Chamber of Commerce.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- In recognition of her work in organizing temporary obstetrical facilities at Moline Lutheran Hospital in 1955, Miss Dorothea Benson, R.N., has been nominated for the Illinois State Nurses Assn. ''Nurse of the Year'' award.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Deere And Co. will add two new buildings to expand its John Deere Harvester Works in East Moline by about 160,000 square feet. Deere spokesman Robert Shoup said the new buildings are part of a multi-million, long-term expansion of the Harvester Works, which now includes over 4 million square feet of manufacturing space.
Back: Available days in July 2006