Day in history for July 26, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The Democrats of the Rock Island Precinct are requested to assemble at the courthouse this evening at 8 for the purpose of electing delegates to the county convention which is to assemble on July 31.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- President Garfield is again improving.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Members of the Odd Fellows Lodges of the Tri-Cities, who form an association, elected J.H. Reed of Rock Island, president.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- The dedication of First Christian Church, Moline, was completed this afternoon when several hundred persons attended services in the auditorium of the new building. Dedicatory activities started a week ago.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- The Rock Island City Council was scheduled to meet in special session late this afternoon to annex an area which extends to a point a half mile south of Andalusia Rd. Mayor Carl F. Bauer, who called the meeting, said the area to be annexed will add another 305 acres to the city.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Dennis Bogart, 12, Taylor Ridge, and his 16-year-old brother Doug, sons of Mr. and Mrs. Wilbur Bogart, got their first real crack at auctioning Saturday during the 4-H livestock auction at the Rock Island County Fair. Dennis and his brother both finished school in June, which qualified them to become auctioneers.
Back: Available days in July 2006