Day in history for July 2, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The semi-annual meeting of the Rock Island County Medical Society will be at Rock Island on Wednesday, July 9. Dr. Hume will deliver the address. All physicians in the county, who are such by authority, are invited to attend and enlist themselves as members.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Rock Island Architectural Iron Works and Machine Shops are the community's new industry. John Mager and John Thompson are the proprietors.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- A call has been issued for a Democratic Senatorial Convention to be held at Keithsburg, August 14.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Arrangements have been made to entertain approximately 4,000 persons at the Moline Eagles family picnic July 4 at the lodge's country home on Rock River.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Mrs. John Deere Cady, 79, of The Churchill, Chicago, died at 8:40 this morning in Pasavant Hospital, Chicago, where she had been a patient for a month. She was the wife of the late John Deere Cady, grandson of John Deere, founder of Deere and Co.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- The East Moline and Silvis police departments were honored Thursday morning by the U.S. Secret Service for their part in providing security for campaigning politicians last November.
Back: Available days in July 2006