Day in history for July 12, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- We notice among other improvements in Rock Island that Bailey and Boyle's block is undergoing a thorough dressing outside.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- S.R. Campbell of Green River was a guest at the Rock Island House.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Clarence Martin, president of the Rock Island High School graduating class of 1906, is in critical condition in a St. Louis hospital. He was injured when an embankment caved in.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Tom Mix, hero of cowboy movies and the idol of thousands of children, will be with the Sells Floto Circus when it comes to Rock Island next Tuesday.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Deere And Co. will start construction soon of a new parts depot in East Moline on a 26-acre plot just east of the John Deere Malleable Works. The depot, which is scheduled for completion sometime next year, will cost in excess of $1,000,000.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Oakwood Country Club will have a slightly new face Monday. And with qualifying rounds for non-exempt pros scheduled start for the Quad-Cities Open, course activities should run smoothly, thanks to a group of young men from Coal Valley's Arrowhead Ranch. From setting up fences to policing activities, the Ranch's 72 youth, ranging from 13 to 17 years, have been on the job.
Back: Available days in July 2006