Day in history for June 22, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- We notice with pleasure that William Frankel Esq. has met with the best of success since opening his store in this city. He has just received a large invoice of choice cigars and tobacco.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- L.H. Dudley was elected master workmen of the Black Hawk Lodge, AOUW.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Bertram Allen Rains, 18, was killed while attempting to board an engine on the Rock Island Railroad in Moline yesterday, after he slipped under the wheels.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- A capacity enrollment of 75 girls and counselors was recorded at the opening of the YWCA camp, Camp Archie Allen, near Port Byron today.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Dr. J.B. White, Davenport, who practices veterinary medicine for a living and traps fur-bearing animals for a hobby, plans to have his bedroom floor covered with a nice soft carpet of beaver skins. He already has a start on the project, a 7x10 rug made from the pelts of 21 beavers he caught.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Political columnist William F. Buckley and television talk show host Phil Donahue will be making appearances in the Quad-Cities this year. Buckley will lecture Sept. 22 at the Augustana College Centennial Hall. Donahue is to appear Aug. 31 at the Palmer College Auditorium.
Back: Available days in June 2006