Day in history for June 2, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- A great number of dwellings have been and are being erected here this year, but yet do not supply the demand. An empty house in the city is like a reader in Kansas, can't be found.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Rodman Rifles last night entertained a military company from Moline. A battalion drill was held.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Next Sunday evening at Trinity Episcopal Church the rector, Rev. Granville H. Sherwood will deliver the baccalaureate address to the graduating class of the high school.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- W.N. Phillips, president of the Rock Island Rotary Club, who sails from New York City next Saturday for Europe where he will attend the convention of Rotary International at Vienna, was presented a past president's button at the club's noon luncheon.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Sec. of State Charles F. Carpentier of East Moline is scheduled to throw out the first ball Sunday at the opening day ceremonies of the East Moline Babe Ruth and Little League baseball seasons.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Moline Public Library's Bookmobile has taken on a bright new look. And it's all due to the cheerful colors chosen for the job. The staff helped choose the colors, orange and yellow, and are thrilled with the results.
Back: Available days in June 2006