Day in history for June 15, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- About 200 gentlemen and ladies came to this city yesterday from Chicago and Wisconsin on an excursion party.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The eighth annual commencement of the high school was held last night at Harper's Theater. The closing oration was by Miss Nettie B. Hayden.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- Fire in the basement of the Crystal Theater building resulted in a loss of $150.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- The Augustana Lutheran Synod stripped the board of directors of Augustana College and Theological Seminary of some of its power, providing that in the future the president of the college and the regular theological professors are to be elected by the synod rather than by the directors.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Two Moline police sergeants got the checkered flag in an impromptu race early today in downtown Moline. The next lap will be run with Magistrate Fred L. Nelson deciding the winner when Richard VanTiegham, 24, appears before him Monday on a careless driving complaint.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Moline's downtown area will be taking on a new look with the installation of 63 banners. The Quad-City Development Group bought 15 ''Quad-Cities USA'' banners, and the Downtown Moline Association bought 48 Metro Center banners.
Back: Available days in June 2006