Day in history for June 13, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The democracy of Rock Island met in council last Wednesday evening to ratify the nominations of the national and state conventions.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The annual reunion of the Rock Island High School alumni will take place on June 16 at the Armory Hall.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The advance guard of the coal dealers of this state and Wisconsin arrived tonight. The convention opens here tomorrow.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Charges of ''modernistic leanings'' were flung at the board of directors of Augustana Theological Seminary, Rock Island, at the 72nd convention of the Augustana Lutheran Synod at Jamestown, N.Y., today.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- Top perfect attendance holder in the Rock Island public school system is Mary Lou Harrison, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John V. Harrison, 4014 25th Ave. A student at Franklin Junior High School, she has a perfect record for nine consecutive years.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Actor Robert Young presented a $15,000 van to St. Anthony's Continuing Care Center, Rock Island, Saturday during festivities marking the Feast of St. Anthony. Young, 74, said the gift was a suggestion of his long-time friend and personal physician Dr. Eduardo Ricaurte, medical director for the care center.
Back: Available days in June 2006