Day in history for May 15, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- A large raft ran on one of the piers to the railroad bridge and was broken into several pieces. A considerable portion of the lumber was lost.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- The Rodman Rifles of Rock Island visited Moline and were entertained by the military organization of that city. At a late hour the Rifles returned to Rock Island, well satisfied with the trip and the hospitalities extended by their military comrades of Moline.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- The Rock Island Brewing Company has purchased a Northern truck for use in the delivery of bottled goods in the three cities.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- Forcing their way through the rear door of the Peoples Store, 514 15th St., Moline, shortly after midnight, burglars stole women's clothing valued at approximately $2,435.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- The Silvis City Council last night instructed the police department to begin enforcing a long-standing ordinance that prohibits the keeping of livestock in the city.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- About $1,835 was raised in the 25th annual Ugly Man on Campus Festival held recently at Augustana College. Proceeds will be divided between the Juvenile Diabetes Association and the Easter Seals Foundation for Crippled Children and Adults.
Back: Available days in May 2006