Day in history for April 5, 2006
- 1856 -- 150 years ago
- The capital of Illinois has just elected a Democratic mayor and the entire list of Democratic candidates for city office. Know-Nothing abolition Fusonism is awfully beaten. This is a splendid Democratic gain.
- 1881 -- 125 years ago
- ''Baldwin's Brilliants'' will present ''A Night with the Spirits'' at the Harper Theater next Friday and Saturday nights.
- 1906 -- 100 years ago
- S.R. Wright was last night installed as noble grand of UCAL Lodge No. 608, Odd Fellows.
- 1931 -- 75 years ago
- City politics will hold the center of the stage in Rock Island this week and next as rival party organizations enter into intensive campaign activity.
- 1956 -- 50 years ago
- The first grade of Andalusia Grade School will be featured at 12:15 Tuesday afternoon on the Mary Louise Marshall Show on WOC-TV. Period dances and songs will be presented by the group.
- 1981 -- 25 years ago
- Downtown Moline may be the best place in the city for a legal office and the firm Bozeman, Neighbour, Patton and Noe is betting on it. The firm is nearing completion of a major remodeling of its offices, which take up the entire third floor and part of the fourth floor of the Fifth Avenue Building.
Back: Available days in April 2006